Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Diabetes and Me

I've been doing a lot of diabetes stuff of late. I've met a blogger (which I thoroughly enjoyed), I attended an Adult Type 1 group in Nashville. I started a Twitter account, of which 90% of my contacts are diabetics or related to the OC in some way.
But this blogging thing is just kind of been sitting here. I find that I don't have a lot to write about. And I certainly don't want to bore you with tales of my highs and lows if I don't have some sort of a point. :)
I don't really want to say that diabetes has taken a back seat in my life, because, as we all know, it's always here. But I am focusing my creativity on some other things right now. So writing for this blog has kind of taken a back seat.
I contemplated doing a vlog, but I don't have a camera, can't really afford one, and if I did I wouldn't begin to know where to start with the whole vlog thing anyway.
I'm almost feeling at a loss when it comes to the whole blogging thing. I'm sure I could put up a new Meme a couple of times a week, but beyond that, I don't really have anything to write about.
I'm hoping you'll all be patient with me while I try to get my mind back into diabetes blogging. Until then, I'll be on Twitter and commenting on blogs when I get a chance.
You guys are fantastic!

6 comments:

Karen said...

I know what you mean - I've been experiencing some serious blog burn-out lately. (In fact, I was planning to post about it today.) It happens. Just wait it out, and you'll find your blog-mojo will come crashing back one day!! :)

Scott K. Johnson said...

I have always said to blog when you feel it, not because you feel you SHOULD. Know what I mean?

When the urge to write hits you (as I know it will), we'll all be out here for ya!

Unknown said...

I went AWOL for a while, too. The blog is your own and only do it if you feel like it. I think it ebbs and flows, like much of life and diabetes crap in general. Just knowing you're out there is enough for me!! :)

Naomi said...

I think we all need a break from blogging for a while. We can get the juices flowing in other ways, and then come back. However, I've nominated you for an Honest Scrap award (see my blog for details). So maybe that will bring you back to the blog?

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to stop by and say Cara You So Totally Rock! Thank you for being such a kick a** friend, although we haven't met you're cool in my book.

And I say just blog when you want to, I agree with Scott do it when the feelin' is there. you're doing great!

Your comment and nomination has been noted! Thanks for being an SMS too!
~Rickina

Minnesota Nice said...

Cara - just also remember that you do not have to blog about diabetes, for we are more than pwd's. If something else fun and interesting is happening in your life, do tell.