Thursday, August 23, 2007

I finally did it!

Okay, after having my diabetic melt down the other day I decided that I needed to get off my tail and download my pump & meter to see how much damage has truly been done. When I posted last, I said I hadn't downloaded in almost a week. In fact, as of today, it had been 9 days. More than a week. I didn't realize how far off I was.

But I did it. I downloaded all the information. And as it was generating reports, I couldn't help but be a little worried. I knew I wasn't going to like the results. My two week average blood sugar: 139. I'm not happy with that, since lately it had been running around 120. I like 120 much better than 139. The last time I was on, I looked at my 3 month average & it was holding steady at 129. Today, it was 130. Not a huge difference. But it still shows that the last two weeks has had an effect on me.

So now it's time. Time to pull myself up by my bootstraps, as they say down here in the South. I need to keep on. Monday is my appointment with the endo. I will finally get to see my A1c for the first time in 6 months. The last one was 6.6 and I would really like this one to be lower. Somehow, I don't know if it will be. Those of you who read this blog, please pray with me. And for me. I want all good things at this appointment. And I want to convince my endo that I WANT to be seen every 3 months. I have decided that this 6 month deal isn't working for me. I don't like it.


On my agenda for the endo:

-Check on CGMS as I think my insurance will now pay for it!

-Ask that my test strip prescription be increased from 7 tests per day to 10 test per day.

-Get a prescription for a glucogon pen (I have NEVER had one!)


I am looking forward to this appointment (Yeah, I know I'm weird). I am hoping for a lower A1c, but I am really hoping that I can get the CGMS. I think this would be a good thing for me and would really help me with getting tighter control. And that is my ultimate goal: tight control.


So wish me luck. And send prayers my way. I'll keep you all updated on what the outcome is.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Good luck at your appointment & of course, you'll be in my prayers.

BTW, I love your new WeeMee with the cow. How cute!

Unknown said...

"The greatest thing in this world," said Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., "is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving." You are going in the right direction, and that is the most important thing! :)

I said a prayer for you, but you don't need it. You are doing your best. We live in the real world where numbers fluctuate, and I'm proud of you and impressed by your diligence. I hope insurance comes through for you. Let us know.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cara. Good luck Monday at the doctor. You have my prayers. I am eager to see what happens regarding insurance coverage for the CGMS. Please let us all know, won't you? Also, I'll be putting your link in the blogroll on my site, Go Do A TEST!! (www.GoDoATEST.com) Could you do the same for me? Thanks a bunch, and again, I'll pray for a nice, low A1c for you. --Jeff