Thursday, June 21, 2007

JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes


Well, I've done it... I have registered to do the Walk for Diabetes on September 29th in Nashville, Tennessee. I am excited and scared and a little bit stressed!

This will be the first walk I have done. I have never tried anything like this. I set my goal a little high. I want to raise $1000. I think I can do it, but I have my doubts sometimes. This will be something that I can do for diabetes. And that makes me happy. I want to be able to say I helped in the cure for this disease that is such a part of my life and who I am. I want to be able to say I am no longer a diabetic.

So wish me well and if you want to donate, send me a message. I would be very thankful for any help toward reaching my goal.

3 comments:

VTHokie99 said...

I bet you won't have any trouble meeting your goal of $1000! Just tell everybody you know and everybody you meet what you're doing and why. I've been doing walks and other fundraisers since I was diagnosed 20 years ago, and never had a problem meeting my goals. Let me know if you need some fundraising ideas, sample letters, etc. Good luck, and enjoy it!

Wingman said...

Cara, I'd love to donate to the cause! Some fellow dbloggers have sent me a donation for the Tour De Cure and would like to help out others.

Just e-mail me from my site or leave a comment and I'm happy to do what I can.

Anonymous said...

i think that walk to cure diabetes thing sounds great! they should totally have one over here in singapore.