Monday, June 25, 2007

The Knoxville Zoo


A last minute trip was made last weekend. My mother, my baby sister (she's 11), & myself took a trip to Knoxville to the zoo. I hadn't been since I was about 8 and I didn't remember anything about the zoo, other than the gift shop. That would be what an 8 year old would remember.


This impromptu trip was a lot of fun, but I was having a few diabetes crazy days. My blood sugar on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday has been bouncing up and down more than a yo-yo.

I was beginning to wonder if I was getting sick.


The morning started off at 300! Yikes! Down a few hours later to a reasonable 186. You have to remember, it was about 95 degrees outside & we were going to be walking all day long. So I just took it for what it was and didn't bolus.


About 2 hours later I was 60. Figures. An ice cream sandwich, bag of gummie snacks & a hot dog later.... (I am totally thinking I have over treated!) and I check my blood sugar 2 hours later & I am 86. And still dropping.


By the time we got to the restaurant to eat I was 76. And later that night, I spiked back up to 284.


Luckily, I had a blast at the zoo with my mom & sister. And my blood sugars leveled back out by Monday night. Just another crazy few days and back to a semi-normal diabetes life.

No comments: