Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thankful and Blessed

I went to church tonight to be greeted with the news that a friend of mine lost her husband day before yesterday. My church has a phone tree, but I don't get the calls as I have a cell phone and it doesn't call cell phones.
She and her teenage daughter teach with me in my Mighty Mites class (5-6 year olds). Her youngest child is in my Mighty Mites class. They have 3 children total, ranging from age 15 to age 5. The family is also in my cell group (kind of like a mini-church that meets twice a month).
My heart aches for this family, who lost their father/husband. It's one of those things where I am helpless to do anything but pray.
Our entire class of 5-6 year olds prayed with the youngest child tonight in class. It was such a blessing to see these little children praying with their child-like faith.
I feel blessed and thankful that I have my family. I don't always get along with them, but they love me, and I them. And they are a blessing to me. And seeing someone else loose a member of their family makes me all that much more thankful for my family.
I know this post isn't diabetes related, but it is heart and emotion related, which I think diabetes also is. So those of you who pray, please pray for this suddenly single mother and her 3 children. They are going to need all the prayers they can get in the next weeks and months.


Vivian said...

How tragic. We will be remembering this family in prayer. Thank you for sharing this need with us.

Little Patch of Heaven said...


I will remember this family in our thoughts. The loss of a family member is never easy.

Donna said...

I'll put this family on my prayer list. A person can never have too many people praying for them.

k2 said...

Cara -
I will keep this family in my thoughts & prayers.