Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Repeat...Sort Of

A friend of mine had her lovely daughter's 7th birthday party this past week. They had been at my house when I was making the strawberry cake with strawberry icing for my nephew. M loved it. She proceeded to inform me that very day what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday. :) I have no problems with this, as I normally make the cakes for both her and her younger sister. It is my gift to them. And a pleasure to do so as both of the little girls, along with their mother, have made my world a better place on more than one occasion.

When I found out that M would be having a pool party, I made a quick decision to switch from a cake to cupcakes, as it would be easier to deal with at the pool, and would require less work for her mom.
So, for my "chick-a-dee," M, I made these:

Happy Birthday M!


Araby62 (a.k.a. Kathy) said...

OMG, *love* these!

NeedANap2 said...

Your cupcakes are beautiful! These are nice too

Cherise said...

OMG!!!! The cupcakes look awesome. Great presentation. You rock!

Karen said...

Oooohhh, those look so good. And I'm not even that big a fan of strawberry baked goods. But I can just tell I would love those. Very smart to do cupcakes instead of a big cake too - sounds like they were perfect for the occasion!

Kaitake said...

Those cupcakes look scrummy! :) And that's such an beautiful photo of M, with the light shining on her :)