Friday, November 9, 2007

Happy D-Blog Day!!!

Happy D-Blog Day! This is my first year to celebrate D-Blog Day. And I have to say that I am so very happy that I am here, in this great community, to share with you in our hurts, our fears, our triumphs, and our every day lives. I came to the OC when I felt like I didn't have anyone who understood what I was going through. I had spent time trying to explain my fears and frustrations with friends, and try as they might, they just couldn't completely understand. I am so thankful that I stumbled across dLife one day, which lead me to Kerri, who opened the door for so many of the wonderful on-line friends I have made.
You have changed my world in so many ways. My world was hollow at times. Lonely and sometimes scary. I wanted to find people who were living what I was living. Part of my didn't believe there were others who were living what I was.
Now my life is better. I won't say complete, because that will only come with a CURE! But it is better. When I am frustrated at the general public, you understand. When I am sick from a midnight low, you understand. When I get on my education soapbox, you understand. This is because you live it with me. You make me feel normal. You make me feel understood. You make me know that I can get up each day and smile and be thankful for a good day. If it's a bad day, you sympathize and tell me, "there's always tomorrow".
All in all, this online-community has saved me untold dollars in therapy (I'm really not kidding. I was considering seeing a therapist before I found this "world"), introduced me to people I would have never met otherwise, and let me be me without fear of judgement or condemnation.
Thank you.

10 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

Cara, it just dawned on me that I have been in the TD chatroom with you but I didn't know you had another blog until I saw your comment on Beth's. What a meaningful coincidence on D-BLog Day!
Have a good weekend.

Donna said...

Cara, I am so glad you're here! I enjoy reading your posts & can relate to so many of them. That's what makes this community so great! We can all relate, can't we?

Anonymous said...

well put .. This community is so valuable because we understand each other when it seems no one else can.

Unknown said...

Hi Cara, Yay for you! And yay for the diabetes OC! I am glad you're posting frequently again, and I hope we can meet face-to-face one day! That's be fun. Maybe we can go to the Dixie Stampede to celebrate a cure! tee hee. Yee haw!

Christine said...

Happy D-Blog Day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cara.

I am glad you're doing better with the help of the O.C. That's the best thing about it: we all "get it."

Have a great weekend.

Jillian said...

Happy Belated D-Blog Day! Everything you said is so true. These are the people who get it, no questions asked. DOC=Major Therapy!

Susana la Banana said...

Happy D-Blog Day to you too!
I just found your blog from Kerri's comments...am new to the d-blogging scene and so excited to find others who know what I am going through!
Keep on bloggin'. =)

Scott K. Johnson said...

Cara, happy d-blog day. I'm glad that you joined us and share your stories and thoughts with us.

Anonymous said...

happy belated d-blog day, thank you so much for contributing!

Gina