Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tagged

Beth at In Search of Balance, had tagged me with the lovely seven meme. This is a first for me. So, here are the rules:

The Rules:
1. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself.
4. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.

1. I was adopted at birth (pretty cool, huh Beth?) and have actually met my biological mother & her family. I went to visit them when I was 18.
2. I once was hit on by a telemarketer who was trying to sell me a long distance plan. He couldn't get over my Tennessee accent. It took me 10 minutes to get off the phone with him since I didn't want to be mean and just hang up on him.
3. I am probably the only person I know who is very "county" and yet LOVES Broadway.
4. If I were not a diabetic, I would still drink diet drinks. I don't like the taste of most non-diet drinks (that comes from 22 years of diabetes).
5. I once stood out in the COLD weather (Pittsburgh in December) at 4:00 in the morning to buy tickets to a play that I wouldn't see. I was helping out a friend.
6. I am not dating anyone & don't have any prospects for marriage, but due to my best friend getting married in May, I already have my wedding dress, theme, and some decorations picked out. Pretty pathetic, I know.
7. I am short! Not even 5 feet tall. 4' 11" if you want to get technical. And one of my best friends is 6' 4". We look funny standing next to each other. Total opposites.

Now for the tagging 7 others.... it took me a while to find 7 people who don't have a tagged blog up. So, if you get double tagged, I'm sorry.
Here they are:
Jillian at Diabetor and Me, Paige at TN Mountain Cur, Ed at Ring the Bolus, Jim at Jimmy Fitz, Scott at Scott's Diabetes Journal, Seonaid at Diabetes Blog, and George at The B.A.D. Diabetic. Sorry if you guys have already been tagged and I didn't realize it.
Have fun.

10 comments:

Paige said...

I've never been tagged before! Very exciting!
This might take me awhile!

Also, I was adopted at birth and found my birth parents, as well. We have a lot in common!

Unknown said...

Interesting tidbits! I love it!
You should totally date a Taiwnese guy. They need short, cute girls!

Scott K. Johnson said...

Thanks Cara - I'll get something up as soon as I can.

Do short jokes bother you, or are you used to them by now? :-)

Jillian said...

My favorite fact is that you are 4'11"! One of my friends mom's is the same height, and every time I go to their house I feel so big! I am only 5'5". I can't imagine what it is like for her to have a daughter who is 5'8" and a son & husband who are 6 feet tall. It must be like you and your friend.

Bernard said...

Cara

Funnily enough, I don't have any problems with your accent.

In a case of great minds thinking alike, you and I had about 4 bloggers in common.

I need to change my list as you were first!

Cara said...

Paige, that's awesome. Beth is adopted too. There are lots of us!

Amylia, since I can't find anyone in the US, I might as well start looking in other places! LOL :)

Scott, short jokes don't bother me. They never have. Nearly all of my nicknames are size related. I'm just used to it. :)

Jillian, it's fun being short...most of the time. LOL

Bernard, sorry about stealing your people to tag. I was picking some out and Amylia had already used several of mine, so I had to search again. It makes me realize how small our community can be at times! :)

Anonymous said...

Adopted diabetics of the world, unite!

I always wanted to be short. Sadly, I'm 5'8". I used to be 5'7" until this year... not sure what happened there. Maybe that explains my 6'7" husband... he makes me feel short!

I somehow don't have an accent. Grew up in Bristol, on the Virginia side, my whole family does... I don't.

Donna said...

Hi Cara,
Intersting facts...

I would drink only diet drinks (diet coke), too. I can't stand the aftertaste of sugar-sweetened soda. Yuck!

I am short, too. I am 5 foot, 1 inch (on a good day - if you stretch it.) My son is over 6 feet tall & has to lean way over to hug his mommy now. But that's okay; I'm glad he didn't inherit my shortness.

Thanks for sharing your facts!

Donna said...

Cara,
Sorry; I meant to say "interesting" facts, not "intersting" facts. I guess one of my own facts should have been that I sometimes don't proof-read. Then I feel really silly when I find a mistake.

Anonymous said...

Yuck, I hate non diet drinks too! Sometimes I wish I was short, I have a friend that who's under 5 ft tall, too.. I Feel so big next to her :P