Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving.

I just want to say Happy Thanksgiving to all you blog readers out there. It is a time for family and friends and remembering what's important in life. I am currently decorating a cake & preparing to cook Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow to celebrate with my dad and his family. We are very thankful this year that my Grandmother is out of the nursing home. While she's not doing as well as we'd like, she is doing much much better and we are so glad to have her home.
On Thanksgiving, after we eat and rest and clean the kitchen, I am heading to a friend's house for the long weekend. We are going to try to shop some and just hang out. I have taken Monday off work, simply to extend the time a little.
I have to say that I am truly thankful for my health with 22 years of diabetes under my belt. I am thankful more than they will every know, for my family and my friends. I don't know what I'd do without them.
And I have a new item to add to my thankful list this year. I am thankful for all of you in the Diabetes OC. Since I discovered this world back in April, my life has improved in many ways. I am so blessed by each and every one of you. You bring me back to myself, when diabetes tries to make me forget who I am. You live your days with me, checking blood sugars, going to doctor's appointments, and sharing our lows and high (both literal and figurative).
I truly hope you all have a joy filled Thanksgiving filled with friends and family and wonderful food. And don't forget to count those carbs! :)

7 comments:

Donna said...

Cara,
I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving & a fun extended weekend! You deserve it.

I feel very blessed that I have made so many friends, like you, in the Diabetes OC, too. It has improved my life (both diabetes & otherwise) a great deal. Thanks for being a part of that.

Stay safe this weekend & have fun!

Minnesota Nice said...

Happy Thanksgiving Cara. Hope to catch you in the chatroom sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

God bless you, Cara. Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy your long weekend with your friend.

Paige said...

Thank you, Cara! I hope that it is a joyful, relaxing, delicious holday for you and yours!

Unknown said...

enjoy the day. i'll be thinking of all my oc pals feasting on goodies.

post photos!

i'm thankful for you..very much so!

Anonymous said...

hope you enjoyed your long weekend! i'm so thankful for the OC too :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Cara - great blog. It's nice to read sites that encompass all of a diabetic's life - and not just the BS ups and downs. (Blood Sugar ups and downs that is.)

I've been type 1 diabetic for 13 years and just started the Minimed pump a few weeks ago - and picking up my constant glucose meter sometime this week - so like you I'm very excited :) I'm now just getting the pump levels squared away after some initial training (and a bent cannula on thanksgiving.) Fun.

Anyway cheers on a well written site! All the best - james...

p.s. kudos for writing about the media also. Especially the Halle Berry post. Most people have no clue that type 1 and 2 are practically completely separate diseases.