Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Diabetes Education

I know I have talked before about how much I love my CDE. I have been going some since the beginning of the year since my insurance allows up to $500 in diabetes education per year. I mostly wanted to go to have a second (or third, if you count my Endo) pair of eyes to look at my blood sugar readings and to help me make some adjustments.
I went to see my CDE again yesterday and we have set up 1 more appointment for this year. My CDE said I was doing so well that she really didn't see any reason for me to come back this year unless there was a problem I was having or I had questions for her. Which I don't. So we made another minor adjustment to my insulin to carb ratios at lunch time and I will see her again next month.

I also have an appointment with my endo next month. If, by looking at my blood sugars, I were to guess my A1c, I would say it is going to be around 6.5 again. This is okay for me. I would like it a little lower, but I can't complain.

I like good reports. The bad part is that after I left her office, my blood sugars started doing funky things and I chased a high all night last night and on into this morning. It has since returned to normal and I have been really good ever since about 9:00 this morning. But it was frustrating to deal with the highs after a good report with the CDE.

By the way, my favorite band, Sugarland, has their new CD out today. Check it out if you even think you might like it. It is great work.

3 comments:

Karen said...

That's always the way, isn't it? Just when you get really confident and happy about the way things are going, the blood sugars start wigging out. Here's hoping they stay back in line now!

Scott K. Johnson said...

I think your diabetes was playing around with your head after your visit... :-)

Donna said...

Sometimes the diabetes gets a mind of its own and throws us for a loop - usually when we least expect it. I hate when that happens. But I'm glad things got back to normal for you. :)