Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Bad Side of CGMS...

Occasionally you get a bleeder. This one was the worst one I'd ever gotten. It was like a scene from a bad horror flick. There was blood all over my bathroom floor. Kind of gross, but very true. These pictures are from six days after. Before taking the sensor out and after.

The first night having the sensor in, it kept throwing bad sensor alarms at me and I kept restarting it over again. I was being stubborn. I figured if it was going to leave that kind of a mark on me, I was going to at least get my 6 days out of it. And I did.

2 comments:

Jill said...

OUCHHHHHHH! That looks VERY painful :( Does that sort of thing happen often with the CGMS?

Cara said...

I've been on CGMS since February and I've only bled 3 or 4 times. And only bruised like this one other time. So, not so much. It's a really long needle and if you hit a wrong spot, this is the result. It probably doesn't help that I use my leg. I can't bring myself to use my stomach since it gets the infusion sets for the pump all the time anyway.