Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Tree

George beat me to the Christmas Tree post. And he did a vlog. How cool! Well, I still don't vlog, but I did take some pictures last night to share with all of you in the Diabetes OC. I, like George, don't have a themed tree. I just have a random collection of ornaments that I have collected over the years. I quit using garland and changed to ribbon. I have my first Christmas ornament and many that have been given to me as gifts.
By my Angel that sits at the top of my tree, I always thought it made it look kind of country. Being from Tennessee, this is okay. :)


I also wanted to share with you my totally country stocking. I bought it several years ago. It's made from a pair of Wranglers jeans. Patch and all. Very country, but it comes from growing up in the South and being around horse shows and rodeos so much.
The little fellow sticking out at the top is a horse purchased in the gift shop at the Dixie Stampede (Christmas edition). Sadly, since it's just me, that little guy is all that will go in my stocking. That is one thing I miss about being a kid. My stocking was always so fun to open. Almost better than the other presents.
I also wanted to share an ornament with you. This is one of my newer ones. I bought it for myself two Christmases ago. Go VOLS! :) This also comes with growing up in Tennessee. As we say in Tennessee: I bleed Orange.
Anyway, I hope you guys weren't too bored with my totally non-diabetic post. I just wanted to share some of my Christmas with all of you.

5 comments:

meanderings said...

Not bored at all - love the stocking!

George said...

Love it! And I am HUGE fan of ribbon on tree instead of garland or tinsel.

Hate. Tinsel. So. Much.

Love your tree and your post!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...

It's beautiful!!! :) I'm putting something in the mail to you this week so watch for it :D

Anonymous said...

My mom also does ribbon on the tree. I have never actually seen tinsel look good!