Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Borrowed Meme!

Borrowed from Allison

Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to - leave in plain font

1. Started your own blog - Yeah? I mean, that's what you're reading, right???

2. Slept under the stars. - I grew up in TN....you figure it out. :P

3. Played in a band


4. Visited Hawaii

5. Watched a meteor shower


6. Given more than you can afford to charity

7. Been to Disneyland/world

8. Climbed a mountain - How high of a mountain are we talking? I mean, I grew up on a mountain. And I've hiked.)

9. Held a praying mantis


10. Sang a solo (in the shower)

11. Bungee jumped


12. Visited Paris

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.


14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. -cake decorating, scrapbooking, blogging (yeah, it's an art!)

15. Adopted a child.


16. Had food poisoning.

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty-the first time I was there, I was on a time limit (high school senior trip-we had 3o minutes and the wait was 4 hours) and the second time I was there it was not too long after 9-11, so no one was allowed up.

18. Grown your own vegetables.


19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France

20. Slept on an overnight train.


21. Had a pillow fight.

22. Hitch hiked.


23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. -cut me some slack. I was immature and in college and it was only once.

24. Built a snow fort


25. Held a lamb.

26. Gone skinny dipping. I was 12. :P Never again!


27. Run a Marathon

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice


29. Seen a total eclipse

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.


31. Hit a home run

32. Been on a cruise


33. Seen Niagara Falls in person

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors


35. Seen an Amish community We just have Mennonites around here. I think I spelled that right.

36. Taught yourself a new language.

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person


39. Gone rock climbing.

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David


41. Sung karaoke

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt


43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.

44. Visited Africa


45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.

46. Been transported in an ambulance -isn't that a prerequisite w/ diabetes?

47. Had your portrait painted. - I had it drawn one time...


48. Gone deep sea fishing.

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person


50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling


52. Kissed in the rain

53. Played in the mud.


54. Gone to a drive-in theater.

55. Been in a movie


56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business

58. Taken a martial arts class


59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen - I served Christmas dinner at a place where homeless people come one time. It wasn't an actual soup kitchen.

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies


62. Gone whale watching.

63. Gotten flowers for no reason


64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma

65. Gone sky diving


66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a check


68. Flown in a helicopter

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy


70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - I've been several times. It's really cool.

71. Eaten Caviar


72. Pieced a quilt

73. Stood in Times Square -Not enough times for me. :P It's crowded, but soooo cool!

74. Toured the Everglades


75. Been fired from a job

76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London

77. Broken a bone -the day before I turned 18 I tripped on the sidewalk running into the library. Which tells you what a complete nerd I am. I fractured my arm.


78. Been on a speeding motorcycle

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person


80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican


82. Bought a brand new car.

83. Walked in Jerusalem


84. Had your picture in the newspaper. - If you've ever heard that song, by Miranda Lambert "Everybody Dies Famous In A Small Town". I grew up in a small town. I've been in the newspaper several times.

85. Read the entire Bible. -I need to work on this!

86. Visited the White House -I don't think the outside counts, does it? If it does, then I have. If not, then yeah, I wanna go.


87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating -a fish. But that's it.

88. Had chickenpox.

89. Saved someone’s life.


90. Sat on a jury

91. Met someone famous.

92. Joined a book club


93. Lost a loved one.

94. Had a baby.


95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake


97. Been involved in a law suit

98. Owned a cell phone.


99. Been stung by a bee

2 comments:

Lynnea said...

I love meme's like this one...lets me get to know you better.

Thanks for all the great comments and encouragements you leave on my blog. I'm greatly encouraged by you and others that have lived with this disease since childhood. It represents hope to me that J.J. can live a long happy healthy life.

Sorry I haven't commented much on yours...I read every single one....and even click on the comment button sometimes, but then get sidetracked. Twitter seems easier for me to handle a quick tweet.

Naomi said...

Long meme! You have more patience than I do!!!