Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Six Things

I was tagged by Jill to post six things that make me happy. Here are the rules: Link to the person who has tagged you. Write down six things that make you happy. Post the rules, tag six others and let them know you did it. Then tell the person when your entry is complete.

1. My church. It makes me happy because I love being with other people who love God. I also enjoy my work in the church (teaching 5-6 year olds). It lets me feel like I am doing something good.

2. My family. They are a little weird sometimes. But they are mine, and I love them. They make me smile. The love me when I'm crazy and when I'm not. And they are so supportive of me.

3. My friends. I have so many wonderful friends. I am hard to get to know at first (you guys wouldn't think so, but I really am!), but when I make a friend, you are pretty much stuck with me for life. One of my friends I've known since kindergarten, another since we were 3, 2 since high school, and another 2 since college.
And then there are my internet friends! You guys rock. I wouldn't trade you for anything!

4. Music. I'm not talented. I won't be the next American Idol. Or a famous musician. But music moves me. Music of all kinds. I wake up every morning with a song in my head (no kidding!). I'm constantly singing in my car, my apartment, and in my head at work (I don't want to scare the co-workers!). I have a song for every situation. Most songs remind me of a time, or a place, or a person.

5. Cake decorating. Yeah, I know. Weird, right? But it makes me happy. I like being creative and then letting people eat it! :) I am constantly buying stuff to make and decorate cakes. Sadly, I'm not making any money at it, so I am going broke. But it's fun, so I'll suffer.

6. Theater. I could go to a play every single week and be perfectly happy. Sadly, I don't get to go nearly enough. There just isn't the opportunity where I live. When I get the chance, I try to take it though. Including going to see RENT in Washington, D.C. on my birthday this year! I bought myself tickets, even though my birthday is three and a half months away. :)

Okay, now that I've done this wonderful meme, I am going to break all the rules by NOT tagging 6 people. Most of you have already been tagged, but if you haven't, feel free to do this and then let me know, so I can read it. :)

1 comment:

Lee Ann Thill said...

I hope you make money decorating cakes some day. Of course, I also hope I get to sample some of that handiwork because the pictures always make me drool!

Maybe I'll do the 6 things. All these memes are going around, and no one has tagged me for any of them :(