Wednesday, November 14, 2012

World Diabetes Day 2012

November 14th, 2012
World Diabetes Day
 
Diabetes unites us. It's made us friends, family, soul mates. 
But as much as we are about the people that diabetes has brought into our lives,
we'd all love to have a cure.
 
Take a minute today to tell someone why you're wearing blue. Speak up if you hear someone say something that's untrue about diabetes. Share a piece of yourself with someone who might not know much about diabetes. Being an advocate doesn't take much. You don't have to have a blog or write a book or be a public speaker.
 
 
On a different note, It's funny that our official symbol is the blue circle, but we have so many other little symbols and inside jokes. Glitter, bacon, sprinkles, cupcakes, unicorns. 
 
Honestly, I'm a little unsure where the love of all of these things came from and how they came to be such a part of our Diabetes Online Community. But they are there.
 

I felt the need to incorporate as many of them as possible into my postcards that I made for the World Diabetes Day Postcard Exchange. I am sticking them in the mail today (if my glue dries in time). One is headed to the southern part of the country (further south than me) and the other is going around the world to Australia.
 
I'm looking forward to getting some postcards myself! I hope you joined in this year.
 
Oh yeah, and
HAPPY WORLD DIABETES DAY!

 

No comments: