Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Monday Again??

All day today, it's felt like Monday...again. After having yesterday off for Veteran's Day, I had to go back to work. As much as I am glad that we have a holiday to honor Veterans, I HATE having a day off in the middle of the week. It always seems to throw my internal clock all out of whack.
I fought high blood sugar almost all day yesterday. Today, it's only been slightly better. I think I have discovered that weekends and off days mess with my blood sugar. I am going to have to figure this out.

My job is not an active job. I sit at a desk all day long. But for some reason, on weekends, my blood sugar likes to run higher. And even when I bolus for food, it seems I never bolus enough.

Does anybody else have trouble keeping the blood sugar in check during the weekend?


On a lighter note, I have a quote of the day for you:

"Some people are like Slinkys. They aren't good for much, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs."


If any of you watch the Biggest Loser, I have a couple of slinky people on the show this season. **cough**vicky**cough**heba**cough**

4 comments:

Lynnea said...

Biggest Loser....YES!!! We totally agree with you. You should have heard the cheers and shouts in our house last night when Brady was voted off...not because he's all that bad but I hated to see that "side" take over. I feel bad for Amy C. though. She is so sweet and that Vicky chick is gonna do something nasty for sure!!

Jill said...

OMGGGG I watch Biggest Loser!! Grrr I was grumbling at the tv and was hoping that girl would beat out Heba's Hubby on the stair steps! I was glad to see Brady go tho!! LOL...good for Amy to follow her heart and vote for the one that SHOULD go home :) Next week should be VERY interesting! I hope Vicky is the next to go :D

As far as blood sugars go...it seems like theres alot of that going around... Im blaming the moon! LOL...I went outside earlier and noticed it was bright and sure enough...its FULL!

We had a sports awards ceremony to attend for our oldest daughter and when we got into the auditorium Kaceys blood sugar was a 136...perfect...but not for long! She says "Mommy I dont feel so well!" so I pull her kit out thinking shes dropped since it was getting time for her bedtime snack. Ummmm.... 276!!!! How in the hell does that happen?!?! All this took place within 30min! I give up and Im blaming the moon :) haha!

~big hugs~ and hope those numbers get back in range for you soon!

Cara said...

Lynnea, I was on the phone with my best friend who lives 4 hours from me and we were both screaming at the TV too! I feel soooooo bad for Amy C.

Jill, I would LOVE to see Vicky go, but I have this sneaking suspicion that she makes it to the finale. :(

Vivian said...

Cara, See I think it has to do with a mental aspect. Daniel's blood sugars do so much better at home so on weekends and off days he is more level than when at school. For him I think it has to do with excitement, being anxious, having to be "on", where at home he can relax and control his schedule. Emotion can really be huge in BG readings. Hope you can get it figured out, what with all the holidays coming down the pike. =) Big Super Hugs to ya!