Saturday, November 8, 2008

Stupid Me

As often as I test my blood sugar, you would think I would remember to put a new bottle of strips in my meter case when I empty the first one.... I forgot this morning.

In the midst of running around trying to find my script for the Veteran's Day program my kids at church are doing, and going to get two of the kids to bring this to practice this morning, I completely forgot.

Thank goodness for CGMS since I ended up being gone from my house for almost five hours (including having lunch).

But I survived without too much trouble.

Ah, such is the life of a forgetful diabetic.

3 comments:

Lee Ann Thill said...

I've done that a bunch of times. Now I try to always keep an extra bottle in my purse. It hasn't been completely fool-proof, but I tend to be caught stripless less often now.

Jill said...

Thank goodness for that CGMS!! :) Glad you were able to still keep a watch on it. I'm always scared I'm going to leave something at home when I leave out with Kacey so we have a bag that we pack and its got "extras" of everything...just in case! LOL I'm used to packing that way tho cuz I was one of those Moms that carried a diaper bag with like 10 changes of clothes, a pack of diapers and a whole pack of wipes...haha!

Glad ya did ok tho :)

Patty said...

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who does this! My favorite is when I forget to re-attach my pump after a shower. I don't know if it's age or too many episodes of hypoglycemia but I forget the most important things sometimes.