Saturday, November 22, 2008

Movie Review

I went to see Twilight last night. It was pretty darn good. There are mixed reviews on the internet. Some say it's great. Others say it's not. Personally, I think they did a great job with the small amount of money (only $37 million = very small in movie terms) they had to film. Not to mention the fact that the book is extremely descriptive, which can be hard to capture on screen.
It was worth my money, and worth my time. I intend on seeing it again when it comes to my small town.
Weirdly enough, diabetes visited me while I was waiting at the theater last night. It was advised (since several of the shows were selling out) to show up pretty early to the theater to get in line, since the seating is first come, first serve, even if you had your ticket early like I did.
The movie started at 7:30 and I was at the theater by 6:20. There were about 30 people in front of me waiting in line. Since I was by myself (and feeling a little dorky to be by myself at a movie) I had my mp3 player going in my ears. My pump started to vibrate. My blood sugar had shot up to 202. Gave a correction bolus and really wanted to get a bottle of water, but there were about 20 people behind me and there was no way I was going to give up my spot in line! :) So I suffered through. And came out of the movie at 78. Pretty good for me.
I have also officially hooked my friend/secretary at work on the Twilight series.... oh, and I've gotten to Jill too. :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

Psst! LOL! My Mom told me she just bought me the 2nd and 3rd books for Christmas and since I was wanting to buy them and read them...nowwwww (haha!) She decided to give me New Moon today :D YAYYY! So I'm getting ready to start that one in just a few minutes :)