Saturday, November 29, 2008

My Coolest Cousin


My family lives all over the country. Both my mom's side of the family and my dad's side. I've never lived closer than 6 hours away from any of my first cousins.
Currently, most of my cousins reside in California. I have one in Missouri (who is much much younger than me), and my 2 cousins in Texas. One of my cousins came in from Texas to visit our grandmother for Thanksgiving. I don't think I've seen him in about 4 years...maybe longer.
It's sad, but everyone is so busy and so broke all the time, that it's just not happened. I was thankful to get to visit with him for a few days. I have vowed to make a trip to Texas in the next year or so to visit, and he and my other cousin are going to both try to come back to Tennessee pretty soon.

It is nice to have family. And I think I appreciate them more because they live so far away.

2 comments:

Lee Ann Thill said...

That's a great picture! I'm glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving and were able to see family you haven't seen in a while. It's amazing how that can lift your spirits and make you appreciate the people in your life.

Anonymous said...

My family is all pretty far away too, but it is my fault because I am the one who moved :(

It is good to get to spend time with them at the holidays!