Sunday, May 23, 2010

D-OC NYC Meet-Up

A week ago today, I had the privilege of attending a meet-up in New York City. Since I am a total Broadway addict, I have been trying to make a yearly trip to New York. And since there are so many of my fellow bloggers, tweeters, and facebook friends in the area, I love getting to meet up with them.

Last year, the wonderful Allison organized a meet-up for a bunch of us. And when she found out I was coming again, she put her organizing hat back on and set up another meet-up.

I was blessed to get to meet several people I'd not met before. In fact, there were only 4 people there that attended the last meet-up.

Those of you who have met fellow bloggers know what it's like to meet new people for the first time. It's the weirdest thing ever. Because they aren't new at all. I already "knew" all but one of the people who attended.


I loved getting to see Allison and Erik, and Lee Ann and Jason again. And for the first time I got to meet Karen and Pete, Gina, Tina, Stacey, Scott, Arielle, and Mara. I highly recommend getting together with other people from the D-OC. They're fun, funny, and they understand you in a way not many others can.

I won't go into all the details of the meet-up as others have done a much better job at it than I could. But I will say, I'll be back next year. Anyone want to get together?

3 comments:

Karen said...

It was so much fun meeting you and getting to hang out with everyone!!! And yes, you'd better believe I'm in again for next year. Can't wait!!! :)

meanderings said...

Reading everyone's posts about the fun you ALL had was fun.
Wish I lived closer...
I'm so glad you all posted photos. It's great to see everyone's smiles!

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting some pictures - sounds like a super great meet up. And you're right, even when meeting someone from the OC you've never met before, they still feel like old friends.