Tuesday, November 9, 2010

D-Blog Day 2010

6 Things I Want YOU To Know About Diabetes


1) No matter what type of diabetes a person has, it is NOT their fault!


2) Most people with diabetes don't want pity. We want to teach.


3) Sometime we are in grouchy mood, just because we're in a grouchy mood...not because it is diabetes related.


4) Having an insulin pump doesn't mean I have "bad" diabetes. All diabetes is bad.


5) Low blood sugar doesn't mean I need more insulin. It means I need less. And some sugar to bring up the blood sugar. (You'd be surprised at the number of times people ask me if I need more insulin when I am low)


6) Insulin is NOT a cure. It is just something to keep me kickin' in the meantime. We still need that cure.

8 comments:

meanderings said...

#4 - great reminder for all of us!

Lorraine of "This is Caleb..." said...

Well said Cara. Thanks for your list. I know this will be an eye-opening day for me to peek into everyone's mind and see what their top 6 is - not necessarily what one might expect. :)

Crystal said...

5) I've gotten that a lot through the years too.

Great list, Cara!

Karen said...

Hey, twin, I have a few of the same things on my list. :) I love your #3 though - that's one I didn't think of, but it's oh so true!!

Unknown said...

THANK YOU #3!

Geez!!!! Sugar has a bad day, like, ONCE in a blue moon and everyone starts asking her if she's "taken care of her diabetes" that day...well...

#1) SHE'S SEVEN, and YES **I** have taken care of her diabetes that day.

and

#2) Get a freaking grip! People have bad days. Even people with diabetes!

Vivian said...

Love it! #2 is awesome. Good list sis.

Katie said...

Great list, Cara! I love #2.

Allison Blass said...

Love #4. All diabetes is bad! Geez. There is NO GOOD CHRONIC DISEASES! Idiots...