Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Traveling in Style

Just the other day, Kerri posted this about her long pump tubing and the benefits when working out. Her blog post was aptly titled "Portable Pancreas." The funny thing about the post is that I had this picture ready to post on Monday (I ended up pushing it back a day because I didn't have time to finish the post).

The story behind the picture:

In early October I went on a rather long road trip. I don't know if others have this problem, but when I have my seat belt on I can't always get to my pump easily if the CGMS sensor beeps. And even if I can get it out, I can't easily get it back in my pocket or on my waistband.

The door handle was my solution while I drove. My pump tubing was long enough that I could have my pump lay in the door handle where I could easily access it if I needed to. I wonder if the car maker ever thought their door handle would be used in that way? :D

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's EXACTLY what I encountered on my three-hour drive in a rental car earlier this week (hindered by the seat belt). And I also did turn to the door handle... However. Word to the wise: If you are utilizing a door handle for this pump-holding purpose, it's prudent to remember this when stopping to open the said-car door to go inside a Starbucks. Should you forget, hopefully you were lucky enough to A.) Not tear a site out as I did; or B.) Carry an extra just in case.

Cara said...

I avoided that by putting the pump over the seatbelt so when I took it off, it pulled a little. But I always carry an extra set. I've ripped several out without having another set around...at some point, I learned my lesson. :D

Her Name Is Lola said...

I dig the ginormous energy drink in the door too :P

Cara said...

Hey now! That ginormous energy drink is what kept us from dying. :P

meanderings said...

Another... gee, why didn't I think of that.
Long trips, the pump and the seatbelt make for an annoying ride. Never, ever thought about having the pump sit elsewhere in the are.
You and Kerri are just so smart!

Kerri. said...

LOL! Great (and tangled) minds think alike, right? :)

And I also stick it in the door while driving! Otherwise, when I go to get out of the car, I end up tangled with the tubing and the seatbelt. It's complicated to remain unknotted!

Karen said...

You are brilliant. Me, I'm not so bright. I usually just end up all tangled up in my seatbelt. :P

Cherise said...

I have the Omnipod but I enjoy reading about everyones tubing stories-it's great info:) lol