Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Long Week....Already

It is only Wednesday, but it has been a loonnnggg week already. Every day has seemed to drag by. Is it just me, or are others experiencing this also?

Yesterday, however, was a great fun day. The Women's NCAA basketball championship was last night in Tampa. My lovely Lady Vols played Stanford, and won their 8th National Championship. :) I can't complain. I had a great time watching the game and yelling at the tv.


Sadly, 5 of the players (all starters) were seniors and were all drafted into the WNBA today. So, essentially we will be starting all over again next year. But Pat Summit has a way of getting the best out of the best, so I have no doubt we will be on top again within a few years. Maybe even next year.


So congrats to Pat Summit and the Lady Vols on your 8th National Championship.


Change of subject: Today I was a very bad diabetic. I don't drink orange juice. For two reasons. It gives me severe heart burn (the kind that lasts for days) and it makes my blood sugar crazy. This morning I drank orange juice. It was delicious. Luckily, I had a friend who gave me some heart burn medicine that staved off the heart burn. But the crazy blood sugars... no go. I gave the proper amount of insulin. But 2 hours later: 324. But by lunch I was down to 94. Although I know that high blood sugar was NOT good for me, I was very happy to get to drink some o.j. It may be another 2 years before I have any more (it's been at least that long since the last time I had any). So I figure I don't have to worry too much about the crazy blood sugars.


Also, this afternoon I got a crick in my neck. I am currently sitting here with a heat wrap on my neck and have done a whole lot of nothing this evening, trying to get the pain to go away. This happens to be occasionally. Usually it's in times of great stress and it's usually when I don't realize how much stress I am under! Hopefully I will go to sleep tonight and wake up tomorrow feeling much better. Otherwise it will mean a trip to the doctor to get a muscle relaxer and a trip to the chiropractor for a neck and back adjustment.


Let's all hope it goes away tonight since I have my best friend's bridal shower cakes to make on Friday...


I hope everyone in the Diabetes OC is doing well. I promise, I am getting back to this whole blogging thing.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Congratulations to your Lady Vols! How exciting!

Wow! It sounds like OJ affects you like cereal affects me. I love it, but it hates me. I would love a big (or even little) bowl of Cheereos. Once it a while, I just have to have some cereal and then I pay for it. But it's worth it sometimes. Just like the OJ is for you.

I hope that neck thing clears up quickly. These things are no fun, are they? Maybe you should try frozen peas. LOL! Good luck.

k2 said...

Your not a bad diabetic Chicka, your just a normal one!
k2