Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Any Time Now...

I haven't been around near enough since I got my CGMS. For that, I apologize to those of you who read my blog. I have just been busy, stressed, and tired in general. Over the weekend I took a break from the world, watched the Daytona 500 (GO #88!!), and had the day off on Monday, courtesy of Presidents' Day.
On Monday I did spend quite a bit of time cleaning out my spare bedroom. It is really just a junk room. It is piled up with boxes of random stuff, Christmas decorations, a bunch of the stuff left over from my year of teaching, and tons of craft stuff. It's so bad that I can't even get to stuff. So I did a major clean out. I hauled boxes of stuff to Goodwill and boxes of teaching stuff to a local daycare.
It's far from being done, but it's a good start. And it makes me feel like I did something productive. I think that if I start cleaning some of the clutter out of my life, I will be less stressed in other areas of my life.
CGMS has gone okay. Day one through day 4 were pretty good on the sensor. The readings were fairly accurate about 90% of the time. On night 2 it woke me up to let me know I was low. And it was right.
I changed sensors on day 5 because the readings were all over the board and not right. It was like the sensor just gave out. I actually think I calibrated at a bad (very bad) time, so it threw everything off for the rest of the life of the sensor.
I started yesterday morning with another sensor. This one I put in my thigh. It did bleed some, but there was no pain, so I am not complaining. Yesterday and today it has been fairly close, but not as close as I would like. It is reading higher than my blood sugar actually is.
As for the title of this post, any time now I would like to get a full nights sleep. Last night the sensor woke me up again with another low. It was right (for which I am very thankful), but it continues to go off every 20 minutes until your blood sugar is reading back in range. So every time I got asleep again last night, it would go off again. It took about an hour to get back up in range.
If this keeps up much more, I may have to adjust my nighttime basal.

4 comments:

Araby62 (a.k.a. Kathy) said...

I love that feeling of accomplishment when "decluttering" :) I've been putting off a large pile of my own--maybe I need to work on that some night instead of surfing the 'Net!

Hope the CGMS works out OK. I know Kerri had some issues with hers. Take care and look forward to reading more!

Scott K. Johnson said...

Hey Cara - no apologies necessary! I always say - blog when you can and when you feel like it. Blogging should not be another stress in your life, or a task on a "to-do" list.

We'll always be out here faithfully reading!

Donna said...

Cara - No wonder you're tired with the CGMS going off all night & all that cleaning/decluttering.

Don't worry about not posting. Scott's right; don't make it something on your to-do list.

I think everyone is tired, busy, weary right now. I think it's the winter blahs. I can't wait for spring!

k2 said...

Ok -
My spare bed is a junk of all trades room to. Unlike though, I have yet to clean it out, YOU ROCK!
K2