Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What Do I Do Now?

My best friend got engaged in January of 2007. She got married last Saturday. That translates to 16 months of "wedding" going on. It was a nearly constant topic of conversation. More so in the past several months as the wedding got closer and closer. The past two weeks were wedding 24/7.

Now it's over. And I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. I have other stuff going on and other stuff to do, but I almost feel like I have nothing to do since this big thing is now over. I can't imagine how I would feel if it was my wedding!

I am very glad it is over. The stress level plummeted in the days after the wedding. I am exhausted and am just now catching up on all my sleep. I'm not complaining by any means, but I do have to say that I am trying to figure out what to do with myself now.

I feel like I am trying to find a little bit of myself again. The sad part is that I have this crazy desire to call my friend and I can't because she is on her honeymoon. I think I want to call her so bad because I know I can't. You know, like when your nose itches when you have your hands covered in dirt.

I have many more things going on in this month of May. Another wedding (of a family member), Mother's Day, my own birthday and vacation. So I have lots to do and lots more to keep me busy. But even so, I feel kind of empty.

I know this post wasn't diabetes related, but I felt like I needed to get it off my chest and sometimes the diabetes OC is the best place to vent.

Thank you for all you do!

3 comments:

Araby62 (a.k.a. Kathy) said...

Hey Cara,

I know how you feel :) So many times in the last year I've felt the same way. Maybe getting engrossed in a good book would help. I'm reading Michael Pollan's "The Omnivore's Dilemma" and it fits the bill. Glad to hear things are calming down for you though. Take care!

Unknown said...

Hey Cara,

Congrats on a successful friend-wedding! No worries--some day it will be you an then imagine the joy!!!


Thinking of you...

Donna said...

Cara - It's difficult to know what to do when all the excitement finally comes to an end, isn't it? But it sounds like you've got a full month of May ahead of you.

And remember - someday it will be your wedding you're planning & the excitement of that occasion will happen, too.

Blessings to you.