Thursday, May 7, 2009

May Showers??

As has been for most of the country, it has been raining or rainy here for the past two weeks. Today we actually had some sun! And it was nice. But I had been wondering whatever happened to the whole April Showers bring May Flowers. It's May, and all we were having was showers. Wrong month, right?

Diabetes has been doing a pretty good job of behaving itself lately. It makes it take somewhat of a backseat. It's easy to "forget" how much diabetes is a part of your life when it's behaving somewhat. But, it makes me happy to know that I can go through the motions without having so much stress, even if it is only for a little while.

Right now, my stress is focusing on work and trying to get everything caught up and done as much ahead as possible, since I'm leaving for a vacation in two weeks. Not easy, but I've been working hard and I'm hoping everything falls into place.

Wish me luck!

And, here's a picture of the cake I did over the weekend. It was very colorful and I even did some tie-dyed icing for border. It was my first attempt at this method and I thought it turned out pretty well.






1 comment:

Seo said...

You got sun today? I'm so jealous! I can't take much more of this weather.. April's showers certainly showed up late, and it seems they've come with a vengeance haha!

Also, that cake looks great, you're very talented! And I agree, it's great when diabetes seems less intrusive :)

oh Ps. this is Seonaid (from makingthechoice) .. I started another blog, taking a little break from d-blogging I guess!