Sunday, December 13, 2009

My First Music Monday

Well, today I post my first Music post. Christmas is coming quickly and I am getting into the mood for Christmas with lots of Christmas music, baking, and Christmas movies. And, I'd like to introduce you to one of my favorite bands. I listen to all types of music. There's very little I won't at least try to like. Being from Tennessee, a lot of country comes into my playlist. And one of the best bands I've ever seen live or heard on the radio is a country band.


Meet Sugarland.



I didn't jump on the Sugarland band wagon right away. Their debut CD had been out for a while before I bought it, at my friend's suggestion. I fell in love with Jennifer Nettles' vocals from day one. In my opinion, she has one of the most distinctive voices in music.

In October of 2006, I was lucky enough to win tickets to their sophomore album CD release party in Nashville. I stood feet from the stage. If I wasn't hooked before then, the live show did me in.

In March of 2007, I was able, thanks to a friend of mine, to see them in concert again.

I've seen a lot of concerts in my life. Not all of them country. But I have to say, Sugarland is one I'd pay full price to see EVERY TIME I HAD A CHANCE. They are just that good live.

And they have such an eclectic sound. Some of their music is totally country, other times you hear pop or folk.

On their live album, they even covered songs by bands like Kings of Leon (I'd never even HEARD of them until Sugarland covered Sex on Fire, now they are one of my current favorite bands), R.E.M., and Beyonce.

Most recently, however, they have a new Christmas CD. I've not purchased it yet (shame on me! I'm such a bad fan.), but have listened to it on the internet. I love it. They even performed one of their songs at the Grammy nomination concert. And were kind enough to post it on their website, so I could share it with all of you.






Let me say just one thing, if you say you don't like country music, I encourage you to give Sugarland a try.



p.s. If you get a chance to see them in concert, TAKE IT!

No comments: