Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Diabetes Crazy


The past few days have been absolutely crazy in my world. I had family in from out of state, my grandmother was put into the hospital and is now, temporarily, residing in the nursing home, and I have been dealing with blood sugar readings that are driving me NUTS!!

I think that the crazy readings are partially due to the stress and also have to do with me not being as careful about what I eat & when I test. It's frustrating that a time like this can have such a control over my diabetes. But I think it is just part of life.

So for those of you who read my blog, please remember me in your prayers and thoughts. Hopefully by the end of the week things will have slowed down and my life will be getting back to semi-normal.

Thanks and sorry for such a short post!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My own grandmother went in and out of some care facilities in the '90s, and it was very stressful, indeed. I hope things improve for you quickly, and you can always count on my prayers, Cara.

Donna said...

Of course, you're in my prayers - and your grandmother, too. I hope everything settles down & works out well. Take care.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you shared some of your frustrations. The stress and emotions definitely have an impact on sugars and control.

I'm praying for you and your grandma. Thinking of you...