Friday, August 27, 2010

Endo Update

So I went to my endo's office on Wednesday. I was scheduled to see the Nurse Practitioner and the Dietitian. The day before they called to tell me that my dietitian wouldn't be there and wanted to know if I wanted to reschedule both appointments or come in for one and reschedule the other. I contemplated rescheduling them both, but I haven't had an appointment since April and I was curious to see what my A1c was, so I went down to the Nurse Practitioner's appointment anyway.
Since my office is about 2 1/2 hours away from my house, I end up taking the entire day off, but it's a nice trip to Nashville and I get to do a little shopping. Between that and the FANTASTIC care I get at my doctor's office, it's well worth it.
I was expecting a high A1c and that I had gained weight. I haven't been doing as well as I would have liked in either department, and I know it. When I weighed, I was up about 5 pounds. My only surprise at this was that it wasn't more.
However, I was wrong on my A1c. My last appointment I was 6.6 after fighting to get out from being stuck at 6.9. Wednesday my A1c came back at 6.5. I was happy. Very happy. And, my biggest trouble areas were looked at (after breakfast and supper). My nurse practitioner made some suggestions on changes to basals and insulin to carb ratios so I'm hoping that helps even out the trouble areas.
Next appointment is with my actual endo and my dietitian in November.... onward and upward (or downward as the A1c may go....).

4 comments:

Karen said...

I love when the results come back better than we thought!! Good for you!

Katie from SF said...

You go girl! Keep up the good work!

Today's Triumph said...

Good job on the awesome A1C!!!

Becca said...

Woohoo!