Friday, July 23, 2010

Diabetes Superheroes

I’ve been meaning to post about this for quite sometime. I’m a slacker, I’ll admit it. I even considered not posting about it at all because I waited so long. But then I realized it was too cool a thing to NOT post about. A while back (maybe a couple of months ago), Chris from over at Type 1 Tidbits started a cool blogroll. Being the awesome computer person that he is (blog designer? web designer? graphic designer? I’m not sure what term to use.) he made his blog roll one of a kind. Chris assigned a lot of us superhero counterparts.

Yup. You read that right. We’re superheroes. Diabetic superheroes. Because as Chris (and the rest of us) well knows, we all are diabetic superheroes. It takes a special person to live with diabetes, be it Type 1 or Type 2. It takes an even more special person (in my opinion) to care for someone with diabetes. All of us deal with a great deal every single day. Diabetes doesn’t take a break and neither do we.

Now, I’ll admit my knowledge of all things superhero stops after Batman and Superman. I know. Don’t stone me. But one of my very best friends knows as much about comic books as I know about theatre. And she informed me that my superhero counter part, Shadowcat, is pretty darn cool. Apparently she can walk through walls! How awesome is that??
Anyway, if you haven’t already, I highly suggest you go check out Chris’ blogroll. He has it separated out by Type 1, Type 2 and Type 3 diabetes. My blog is listed on the second page of the Type 1’s. Each individual person’s page has their blog listed, a link to the information on their superhero counterpart, their Twitter handle (if they have one), and their date of acquiring their superhero powers (a.k.a. diagnosis date). And stop by Type 1 Tidbits and leave Chris a comment to thank him for coming up with such an awesome idea.

2 comments:

Lee Ann Thill said...

I'm not the comic book character expert in my house. That would most definitely be Jason, but because I'm married to a comic book geek, I know way more than I ever would have imagined myself knowing. If we ever make it to Comic-Con in San Diego, I've even agreed to wear a costume of some kind. I'm a good wife, lol.

It is a very clever blogroll, and he certainly wins the prize for time and effort invested in a blogroll! I hope he's not done though because I want a superhero identity too :P

Katie from SF said...

OMGOSH! I want one too. I loved Kelly's and love yours. He's super talented!