Thursday, September 1, 2011

Diabetes Art Day

Today my normal Thursday "Your Voice" post is being put on hold because today is Diabetes Art Day! :) Diabetes Art Day is the brainchild of fellow blogger Lee Ann Thill. Lee Ann blogs at The Butter Compartment and is an Art Therapist! How cool is that?!


Last year was the first Diabetes Art Day and I was a total slacker and didn't participate. This year I didn't want the chance to get away from me again. So I did MY kind of art... I work with cake. :) Sure, it's a little contradictory, but I love working with cake and it's where I'm my most creative.

I wanted to do the two major symbols of diabetes (at least to me) awareness. The grey ribbon for Diabetes Awareness and the blue circle to represent World Diabetes Day. I also did mini cupcakes for these because I though that the mini-size was nice for less carbs per serving. Fat lot of good it does if you eat five of them at once. :D


As an added bonus... I did some plan cupcakes with sprinkles. Cause I know how much my fellow D-OC members LOVE our sprinkles. :)



Also, not to promote myself too much, but I'm still looking for "Your Voice" submissions from non-bloggers. If you're interested in sharing your story, click on the hyperlink above for info on how to submit a post. Thanks everyone! 

11 comments:

George said...

Awesome and YUM!

The DL said...

Now you're making me hungry!!!

Heidi / D-Tales said...

I, too, love baking and cake decorating. Your cupcakes turned out terrific! Looks like a pro made them. You rocked the fondant! :)

shannon said...

those. look. dee. lish. us! awesome!!

Kerri. said...

These are amazing, Cara!!

Kim said...

Those look too perfect to eat! (But I'm sure they are DELICIOUS.) :)

Colleen said...

Great idea - wish we could grab one through the screen. I'll take a large one, thanks.

Nicole said...

YUMMY!!

HVS said...

Awesome,awesome,awesome. (love the WDD twist) Craving some cupcakes now!

Sara said...

That is so awesome! I wish I would have left myself more time to create. I love baking too! I'm glad that counts as art :)

Karen said...

Oh Cara, these are amazing!!! And I bet they taste even better than they look. Yay for eating five at a time. ;)